Main Contact Phone Number:
One DDC Way
DNA Diagnostics Center
DNA Family Relationship Testing
DDC is best known for its family relationship testing services. Our laboratory offers the following relationship DNA tests:
- Parentage tests, including paternity and maternity testing
- Twin zygosity
- Genetic reconstruction and family studies
A unique feature of DDC’s family relationship DNA tests is the DualProcess™, a comprehensive strategy to reduce errors in testing. All samples we receive are processed for independent testing by separate technical teams. They carefully record each step to ensure that samples are properly identified and tracked throughout. At the end of the process, our laboratory directors review the raw and analyzed data produced by both teams, ensuring the results match. The DualProcess™ eliminates common laboratory mistakes and assures clients of accurate, reliable results.
In addition to family relationship testing, DDC offers recreational ancestry testing services through its subsidiary, Ancestry by DNA™.
Forensic DNA Testing
DDC’s Forensic DNA Testing Division offers forensic DNA testing, DNA expert consultation, and forensic paternity determination services.
- Forensic DNA testing: We provide independent consultation services to defense attorneys and law enforcement agencies throughout the United States. DDC Forensics Services provides DNA testing expertise for Innocence Projects across the nation. We also provide pro bono DNA testing services for The Ohio Innocence Project.
- DNA expert services: Our forensic DNA analysts serve as expert witnesses in courtrooms across the nation.
- Forensic paternity determination: If DNA testing is needed for criminal paternity, our Forensic Team can handle the case from start to finish.
Research and Medical DNA Testing Services
DDC works with medical professionals as well as university and research scientists in the verification of human and mouse cell lines, Mycoplasma detection, pathogenic species identification, and medical testing. DDC Medical offers the following services:
- Human and mouse cell line authentication using short tandem repeat (STR) DNA profiling
- PCR detection of Mycoplasma contamination in cell lines and cell cultures
- Human and mouse pathogen panel PCR detection services
- Non-invasive Panorama™ prenatal test
- Bone marrow engraftment monitoring
- DNA biobanking services
Veterinary DNA Testing Services
DDC Veterinary provides DNA testing and analysis for veterinarians, breeders, and other animal enthusiasts. Services include:
- Canine testing: Parentage verification and inherited traits and disease screening to assist breeders in mating and health management.
- Avian sex determination: Only DNA analysis can determine the sex of many exotic birds, for which sex cannot be established by visual inspection.
- Equine and feline: Parentage determination for horses and cats and testing to assist in health management. Feline and equine inherited traits and diseases screening tests are also available.
DDC is accredited by the following industry organizations:
AABB: Formerly the American Association of Blood Banks (Relationship Testing Standards Program)
ACLASS (ISO/IEC: 17025): ACLASS Accreditation Services for International Laboratory Quality Standards
CAP: College of American Pathologists
ASCLD/LAB-International: American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors
NYSDOH: New York State Department of Health
CLIA: Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments
SCC: Standards Council of Canada
NATA: National Association of Testing Authorities, Australia
MOJ: Ministry of Justice, United Kingdom
DDC®, DDC Medical®, DDC Forensics®, and DDC Veterinary® are trademarks of DNA Diagnostics Center, Inc. ® All rights reserved.